Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Mat_the_w

Hi, just signed up. Currently got an A45 with areo pack and a few other bits. Loving it. 

Some me may recognise me from VWROC because I nearly bought an R once. 

Matt. 

image.jpeg

Nice one I run my business in Stockton.. Do t see many A45 around.. apart from the dealers. Not like the Golf R they were all over prolly due to the cheep lease deals 

Yeah. Loads of golf R, only ever seen one other A45 in the area. Not that I'm out in mine much, spends most of its life tucked up in the garage! Only done 4500 miles in 15 months! Criminal. 

I see few A45s that live close to me. One tries to race me most days. I've not bitten...yet. Waiting til I'm Stage 1 at least as I'm pretty sure his car is tuned.

Is the running in warranty stipulation below 4K RPM for 1k miles true?

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

Well, the demo they gave me for a couple of hours only had 400 miles on the clock certainly wasn't kept below 4000rpm, and they didn't ask me to!

I'm a firm believer in letting the engine warm up gently, then it's all good.

I've been taking it easy with mine, just a couple of spirited runs when all warmed up.. The demo I had was on 900 miles and I didn't know about the running in so tried all the Rev range