Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
BAH434X

Top Gear New Trailer

I haven't seen any of the trailers yet. I'll give this one a view shortly.

I do like Evans on Radio 2, TFI was fun back in the day when he was off his face, but generally I'm not a fan of his TV shows. 

Matt Le Blanc is great as a guest and genuinely hilarious as well as a true car nuts but I'm not sure how I'll warm to him as a presenter.

I'm open minded about the whole thing really.

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

Not a criticism, but It looks like an almost identical format to the old Top Gear in that trailer.  I look forward to Sunday with interest :)

I've not seen many of the trailers so I'm going in to it blind. I'm looking forward to tonight. 

The big decision is do I watch it with a bottle of beer or a glass of red?

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

On 27/05/2016 at 7:48 PM, JonnyG said:

Not a criticism, but It looks like an almost identical format to the old Top Gear in that trailer.  I look forward to Sunday with interest :)

Chris Evans said the old format was so good they're sticking to it. Looks great to me.

As for beer or red wine....I'd go both..

1 hour ago, Belfast col said:

As for beer or red wine....I'd go both..

I've gone with beer & hotdogs for dinner and red wine for the evening in front of the Tele. 

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

So far so good. I'm loving it.

My only slight grumble is Evans' voice over delivery is a too slow.

I love Sabine. Great decision to add her.

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

Well?

Personally, I liked it. Not sure how I'll feel when the novelty wears off, but all in all it was a success. 

Needs a 3rd character IMO. More Sabine or Harris perhaps?

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

I thought it was reasonably good. They stuck to the old format, but obviously it's going to take some time for Evans' and Le Blanc to build chemistry. I mean how long were Clarkson, Hammond and May together?

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

9 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

I thought it was reasonably good. They stuck to the old format, but obviously it's going to take some time for Evans' and Le Blanc to build chemistry. I mean how long were Clarkson, Hammond and May together?

Took Clarkson et al 10 years to perfect it. Maybe we need to give Evans more than one episode.....

Evans was too Clarkson esq in his delivery of commentary and anecdotes.. I thought he would have made it more his own.. 

Otherwise I think he pulled it off, but he needs more support from the other presenters.. 

The new star in a car format, going off road is going to be entertaining.. 

Unfortunately I nodded off through part of the jeep land rover challenge, not sure if it was the result of Evens & Le Blanc of the four pints I'd had in the pub before hand 😳

I agree about Evans' delivery being way too Clarkson-esque at times, especially in the opening credits. I do wonder if it might have been a little tongue in cheek.

The Reliant segment wasn't great and the live presenting seemed like hard work to watch at times, but perhaps I'm in a minority and saw potential for them to work with it.

It's waaaay too easy to pan it and have a tantrum Clarkson and the team aren't there. The BBC own the show, they produce the show and the format is great so why mess with it? After all it isn't Evans' fault Clarkson punched someone in the face because he didn't like his dinner.

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

I haven't yet, but probably will. Seems like a lot just for The Grand Tour. I suppose you get next day delivery on most Amazon products so it's not too bad if you do use Amazon.

Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

37 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

I haven't yet, but probably will. Seems like a lot just for The Grand Tour. I suppose you get next day delivery on most Amazon products so it's not too bad if you do use Amazon.

I buy everything on Amazon. It's ridiculous. Ordered a book for my daughter last Sunday at 4pm. Cover price was £9.99, Amazon price £5.99. Midday the next day ( Sunday) bloke in a van delivers it!. I've ordered as little as 4 AAA batteries and the next day it's there. As a typical bloke I hate shops so it's the only place I do shop.