Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
AdDaMan

Hey Hey!

Recommended Posts

Welcome Ad!

I have to be honest and say I know nothing about the M140i yet.

A mate had a M135i which was a cracking motor. Not a pretty thing but went well. It whopped my 6R when I was Stage 1.

I presume you'll be going for a manual 'box again? What's the timescale for binning the R and get the bimmer?


Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

Welcome Ad!

I have to be honest and say I know nothing about the M140i yet.

A mate had a M135i which was a cracking motor. Not a pretty thing but went well. It whopped my 6R when I was Stage 1.

I presume you'll be going for a manual 'box again? What's the timescale for binning the R and get the bimmer?

Thanks all :)

Actually no! Im going to be going for the amazing ZF8. Test drove it and loved it. Preferred it to the DSG if im honest. And its time for a change :)

R goes back in Sept and hope to have the BMW sometime after that. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AdDaMan said:

Thanks all :)

Actually no! Im going to be going for the amazing ZF8. Test drove it and loved it. Preferred it to the DSG if im honest. And its time for a change :)

R goes back in Sept and hope to have the BMW sometime after that. :)

Well f**k me, you're ditching the pudding stirrer! Didn't see that coming.

The M135i I drove had a very nice gearbox. It felt very smooth despite the fact it wasn't dual clutch.


Nardo Grey RS3 8V 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

Well f**k me, you're ditching the pudding stirrer! Didn't see that coming.

The M135i I drove had a very nice gearbox. It felt very smooth despite the fact it wasn't dual clutch.

Well in general ZF's are smoother than dual clutches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×